2007年4月18日 星期三

Summary Of "Hurry, Hurry, Mary Dear"

Situation: The book was written by N.M.Bodecker and it was illustrated by Erik Bleguad. The main character of this story is called Mary. Her husband, Danish, hates winter. So he did not help Mary do any housework. He just sat and asked Mary to do the all things. For instances: picking the apples, dilling the pickles, digging the turnips, smoking the hams, and etc.

Conflict: Because Danish was afraid of winter. So Mary had to do the all things reluctantly.

Suffer: As a wife, even though she did not want to do the all things, she had no choice but to do.

Outcome: Finally, Mary decided not to do the all things. She wanted to be herself and did not want to be controled by others. Therefore, she became independent.

Reation: At first glance, when I saw the cover and the title "Hurry, Hurry, Mary Dear" of this book, I think maybe it is an interesting story. After reading the story, I think that my feeling is right. It is really a good story. But I also learn a lesson fom it. In the story, the woman who is called Mary, I think she is so poor. In this modern society, gender discrimination still exists. But I think it is wrong. Women and men should be treated equally.

沒有留言: